Virtualisation means running software within a virtual environment. Virtual environments are created when Operating Systems (OS's) and desktop applications are emulated, and don't run directly on the physical hardware.
When server software is virtualised, you can run several applications and Operating Systems (OS's) on one physical server - increasing utilisation and reducing the need for more power consuming hardware.
With Virtualisation Lanway can help you create a more agile infrastructure, reduce the total cost of IT ownership and minimise downtime.Server Virtualisation
Server Virtualisation consolidates multiple, under-utilised physical servers onto a physical host server running virtualisation software - often running at a ratio of 10:1. The savings in minimising hardware spend are enormous. Server virtualisation is an efficient and already highly adopted solution that reduces the need for costly server space, increasing productivity and reducing IT costs per square foot.
Through virtualisation an organisation is able to increase the availability of their virtual servers. Virtualisation can ensure that in the event of a physical server malfunction, migration to another virtual server can take place in real-time transparently to keep users productive - allowing for planned maintenance and eliminating downtime. It can also help save money through easier systems management, and a reduction in kilowatt hours. Specific Benefits include:
- Server consolidation (you can run several server operating systems on one physical server, for maximum use of hardware)
- Easy software back-up and disaster recovery
- Hosting legacy applications (ones that need to run on older operating systems)
- Reduced test and development costs - you get the most from your hardware, plus improved life cycle management and test coverage
- Better business continuity - the flexibility of a virtual infrastructure helps reduce scheduled and unscheduled downtime
- Being greener: fewer physical servers means a smaller carbon footprint
- Virtualisation can apply to all elements of your IT infrastructure: servers, operating systems and desktop applications
Lanway Desktop Virtualisation solutions help companies to increase business agility and continuity, enable anywhere access, and improve security and compliance.
Desktop Virtualisation offers a broad portfolio of solutions that empower companies to choose the technologies that best address their unique business and IT challenges while preserving their existing IT investments.
Lanway delivers desktop virtualisation offerings for a wide range of situations - from always connected users to those requiring flexibility such as mobile users. For connected users, Lanway and its partners, deliver a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution that allows organisations to centrally manage desktops in the datacenter while providing a personalised desktop experience for end users.Benefits of Desktop Virtualisation
- Leveraging the software you already own, you can create business solutions for the challenges you face
- Eliminating the need for powerful desktops at the user end, reduces the cost associated with maintenance
- Virtualising the desktop infrastrucyte reduces IT systems management time at the user end, management and control of devices and applications are all managed centrally enabling IT mangement to spend time on real business issues
- Access your Desktop environment anywhere in the world
For companies new to Desktop Virtualisation, deploying Application Virtualisation as a first step can provide immediate cost savings.
Applications such as Accounting Packages, Law Case Management Systems and Office Suites can be virtualised and delivered to all users and can be controlled centrally and immediately.
Applications can be dependent on a user's needs and can be restricted as required. This results in a virtual installation rather than a phyiscal one and increased security. Mixed solutions are available with applications now being streamed to mobile devices allowing remote working.