Data security means exactly what it says on the tin. It’s the practice of keeping data protected from corruption and unauthorised access - an essential requirement in the 21st Century. We focus on ensuring privacy by protecting personal and corporate data.
Data is the raw form of information stored as columns and rows in our databases, network servers and personal computers. It could be anything from personal files and intellectual property, to market analytics and top secret information.
To put it bluntly, the unauthorised access of this data could pose a serious threat to your business. Cyber crime is on the increase, with over £1billion of business data stolen each year. This is why it has never been more essential to have the right safeguards in place. You wouldn’t dream of leaving your house unlocked, a burglar trying to get at your wallet will not care about the trail of destruction they leave behind in your home.
The same principle applies to your network. A hacker will not be worried by any system corruption they cause. Lanway can provide a number of options for locking down your data, from software solutions to hardware mechanisms.
(FDE) Full-disk encryption offers some of the best protection available. This technology enables you to encrypt every piece of data on a disk or hard disk drive.
Strong User Authentication
This requires individuals to login using multiple factors of authentication. This may include a password, a one-time password, a smart card or even a fingerprint.
If all else fails, a reliable backup solution will allow you to restore your data instead of starting completely from scratch.
- Secure data from unauthorised access externally using identity management solutions
- Recover data that has been deleted or overwritten using data backup or replication technologies
- Protect against data loss or data theft caused by malicious software such as viruses and Trojans using malware detection solutions and ensuring that your computer systems are up-to-date with sophisticated patch management solutions
- Encrypt data on portable devices like laptops and mobiles to ensure important or confidential data does not fall into the wrong hands
- Use Information Rights Management to protect content leaving the network via e-mail
- Secure data from prying eyes to remote workers using VPN technology to encrypt data sent from the network to the remote worker over the Internet
For business IT support we can also provide a variety of centrally managed anti-virus/anti-spam solutions to reduce the threat of unwanted software on your computer or network. Lanway work with the industry leading vendors and utilise market leading software which provides your computers with the essential anti-virus protection. We can implement a solution to ensure your networking infrastructure including all servers and computers are fully protected.